Octomore Islay Barley 08.3

5 Years Old

In stock

£162.00

Age or Year: 5

Bottler: No

ABV: 61.2%

Size: 70cl

Region: Islay

Taste Rating: 4

Technically the most peatiest whisky made, from Bruichladdich Distilery.


This expression is made from barley grown, in 2010, at Octomore Farm, which is just behind the distillery. 2010 was a tough Autumn for barley, wet and windy, wild geese and red deer carried out their own quality control, all of which resulted in a low yeild for farmer Joe Brown. However when the readings came back after malting, the barley was 309.1 pheonals PPM, thats very peaty.


The wood used to mature the whisky is 56% first fill ex-bourbon casks, the other 44% ex-Pauillau, Vantoux, Rhone and Burgundy casks. 

1 - 5 bottles - £6.95 (UK Mainland Only)
6 or more bottles delivered FREE! (UK Mainland Only)

UK Mainland does not include:

Scottish Highlands - postcode areas

IV2, AB37-AB38, AB41-AB45, AB51-AB56, FK20-FK21, IV1, IV3-IV40, IV52-IV54, KW1-KW14, PA21-PA39, PH15-PH41

1-12 Bottles  - £25.90 - then £1 for each bottle over 13 bottles

Scottish Islands - postcode areas

HS1-HS9, IV41-IV49, IV51, IV55-IV56, KA27-KA28, KW15-KW17, PA20, PA40-PA49, PA60-PA78, PH42-PH44, ZE1-ZE3

1-12 bottles - £31.90 - then £1 for each bottle over 13 bottles

All these areas

  • Northern Ireland - BT
  • Isle of Man - IM
  • Isle of White - PO30-PO41
  • Isles of Silly - TR
  • Channel Islands - JE, GY

1-12 bottles - £31.90 - then £1 for each bottle over 13 bottles

If you wish to place an order for delivery outside the UK, please email us to check the cost, regulations and restrictions.

Returns

You can cancel your order within 7 days of order or receipt of goods whichever is the longer.
If you wish to return an item, please email or call us to arrange a collection.

Taste Rating Guide

1 - Light, good for beginners - an aperitif on a summers day, i.e. Glengoyne, Auchentoshan

2 - Also good for beginners but with more depth and body - a little stronger than 1, ie. Glenmorangie, Speyburn

3 - A dram for everyone, a little more complex so the palate requires a little more experience, i.e. Cragganmore, Macallan

4 - A stronger spirit, a big whisky with lots of character and body, excellent after dinner, i.e. Lagavulin, Laphroaig

Octomore Islay Barley 08.3